Loot Upgrades

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
Hi all!

Is it possible to add the following functions to the loot page:

- change the loot from $ to gp? It's a bit jarring to see a potion of cure light wounds is worth $50.00.

- give a total at the bottom of the loot page, filtered by whatever is chosen? That way it will let me see at a glance how much treasure each party member has to see if I need to give out less or more.

Thanks so much!
On the edit page for your campaign, in the "Advanced" section, you can change the appearance of money values. You can have the money symbol to " gp" and have it appear after the values. Be sure to put a space in front of the gp so your values look like "50.00 gp" instead of "50.00gp"

I do provide the party's total net value at the top of the page. I can see the value in providing individual net values. This is a good idea. I'll see what I can do!
That looks great what you did with the loot totals -- thank you very much!

I have another request ... the way the loot appears on the screen is great, but when I attempt to copy and paste the loot section to Word or Excel, or I try to print out the loot page for at the game table, it takes the table of items and breaks them into several pages of line-by-line items, with the owner, value, and icons on separate lines rather than a table.

Is there any way to reformat or copy or output this data in table format, for use at the table?

Thanks!
I'll see what I can do. I've been wanting to reformat the loots page anyway.
Oooh! I like that idea. My players would really start using the loot more often if we could export to the table for game-use!

[Picard]Make it so, Numbah one![/Picard]
That HTML tag is broken on every website I visit. It should automatically do this:

Make it so, Numbah One!

Much snazzier! :)
LOL
I'd love to see separate cash sections so you can have a different total in pp, gp, sp, and cp. Though I suppose the decimal points work essentially. Just a dream in case you do go ahead with the reworking of the loot page.

I'm loving the site so far, and I've only started today!
Glad you're liking it.
I was mainly referring to reworking how the current data gets displayed. Having multiple currencies (PP, GP, SP, CP) would require quite a bit of effort. Different currencies was something I thought of doing back in the beginning, but it ended up just being more of a pain than it was worth. Each system has exchange rates for each and many rules only have one currency. Throw in the fact that most players stop counting coppers after 1st or 2nd level, and it just didn't seem necessary.
That's not to say it won't happen someday, but it is quite low on the priority list.
In the mean time, if you really want to keep them separate, you could, for example, create an item called "Silver Piece", each worth 0.1 GP. You'd then buy and sell them at full price to exchange them to and from GP. This will probably turn out to be more of a hassle than it's worth, though.
Had a thought for the loot page, and maybe it's something that's already possible and I'm missing it.

Say I have 3 healing potions in the party loot, and three people want to split them up. Is there an easy way to take the item and split the quantity or just create the items and delete the old party loot one?
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6